TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before placing your order with BIRDIE’S CAKE CO.
· A 20% deposit (via bank transfer) is required to secure the date of your booking. Once the deposit has been paid, the quoted price remains fixed to the details in the quote.
· The balance of payment is due (via bank transfer) 24hours prior to delivery. Orders will not be delivered or completed unless paid in full.
· Dietary requirements must be stipulated at time of order. Any changes made after confirmation of order & deposit will incur an extra fee.
CANCELLATIONS/CHANGE OF DATE
· Buttercream cakes are to be stored in the refrigerator in hot / humid climates. When heat is involved, buttercream can become soft, ruining not only the look of your cake, but also it’s structural integrity. When in doubt, put it in the fridge, or at the very least, air-conditioning.
· Fondant is not designed to be refrigerated and as such figurines / fondant decoration should be stored in a cool dry place. Refrigeration may cause colours to run/bleed. Please keep all figurines out of direct sunlight. Failure to store correctly may result in colours fading, cracks or melting. Fondant decoration will be supplied in a separate box to the cake to be placed on once cake is removed from the fridge.
· If for some reason the cake has been damaged when it has left our premises (whilst in your care), or after delivery to the venue, then we take no responsibility. However, if you request an emergency call-out, we will endeavour to restore the cake to its original presentation, at an agreed call-out fee.
· Delivery of your cake can be organised for you. We require an address to provide a quotation. Cake deliveries are made within reasonable business hours.
· BIRDIE’S CAKE CO reserves the right to take and use photographs of your cake(s) and desserts, before, during and after set up, to use for marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes.
VARIATIONS FROM ORIGINAL SUPPLIED PHOTO
· Please understand if a picture/image is supplied, then in some cases it may be necessary to change a colour or vary a product from the picture as certain items may be unavailable.
BIRDIE’S CAKE CO can only try to replicate what we can, within our limits.
Where items are provided on cakes (plastic figures, toys or handmade sugared items) they are strictly provided as decorations on a cake, and it is advised that these are not consumed. Some figurines and decorations may contain wire or toothpicks which are dangerous if consumed.
· As each cake is unique & decorated to your specifics. Before collection, BIRDIE’S CAKE CO will provide photo to customer of decorated cake. If customer requests changes only 1 change is available or extra charges may be incurred.
· If there is an issue with the taste of your cake please note that you must refrigerate or freeze the cake immediately and return it to us on the next business day if we are to consider any refunds at all.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
· BIRDIE’S CAKE CO will not disclose any personal information such as your name, address, email or telephone number to any person outside of the company, unless the customer has authorised us to do so or unless required by law to disclose such information.
AGREEMENT TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
· By proceeding with a purchase you are in agreement with our terms and conditions as stated above.